Valentine’s Day is expensive business across the UK with at least £1.6bn spent on gifts and treats for the occasion, it is estimated.
So here are our 5 top tips to save our members money on Valentine’s Day 2017…
Psssst…. read to the end for a chance to win a bottle of prosecco and a box of Homemade & Handmade fudge for your loved one!
- Eat somewhere else. Romance means special. Our number 1 money-saving tip is: Stay out of the fancy restaurants and bring your Valentine’s Day celebration home. Set the table or simply make a cosy sanctuary in your home.
- Don’t pay double for your glass of bubbles. A really good bottle of Prosecco is just a fraction of the cost of Champagne. A sparkling white wine from Italy, Prosecco is not too sweet and goes down a treat!
- Don’t let your pocket hurt with dessert. The last thing you want on a romantic evening with your loved one is a heavy, stodgy dessert to weigh down the love! Our solution is also a cheap one: sorbet. It’s inexpensive and refreshing on the pallet and it can look quite pricey and exotic if you buy several flavors.
- Bag those tight buds. In a nutshell, look for flowers that don’t look good at the moment – they’ll blossom in a few hours and will stay that way for many days.
- Let it Burn. Let’s all face it, flames are sexy and set the mood. Set the romantic setting…. get a fire lit, whether it’s a fireplace or candles.
So there you have it, our 5 top tips to save money this Valentine’s Day!
We want to show our members some love, so in this month’s newsletter we are launching a Valentine’s Day competition supported by Simon Jarvis of Fudge Glorious Fudge. To enter all you need to do is send us an email telling us why you are passionate about your business and why you love working for yourself.
Please email all entries to email@example.com
Once again a Big Thank You to Simon Jarvis of Fudge Glorious Fudge for supporting our competition by kindly donating a box of his Glorious Fudge!
To Find out more about Fudge Glorious Fudge and their amazing Homemade & Handmade Fudge:
T: 0750 488 5934
Closing date for entries will be 10th February 2017. This is to ensure our Valentine’s Day giveaway is presented to the winner on Monday 13th February 2017.