Privacy and Cookies Policy
To engage with NBV Enterprise Solutions services you will be asked to supply personal information for us to authenticate your identity or to provide you with services.
In order to deliver such services, we will need to process and store your personal information and may need to transfer it to relevant partner(s) for processing both inside and outside European Economic Area (EEA).
NBV Enterprise Solutions is registered in accordance with and seeks to comply with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (GDPR).
We follow appropriate security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information to prevent unauthorised access by third parties. We also require those parties to whom we transfer personal information to comply with the same.
However, the Internet is not a totally secure medium and you acknowledge and agree that Nwes Group shall not be responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data, except to the extent we are required to accept such responsibility by the Data Protection Act 1998 (GDPR).
Types of data:
- Information from your browser/computer
We use Google Analytics and other software to provide information such as broken links on the website, number of website visits, page views, and information on what browsers and devices people are using to access our services. The software also detects location data using IP addresses. This data is not linked to any personal data and is just used to allow us to monitor trends and the performance of our website.
- Information you send us via email
If you enter into any correspondence via email to report a problem or ask a question, then we will retain the personal information you send us for the purposes of dealing with your enquiry and will not share the data with any third parties.
- Our online enquiry form
On our online enquiry form we ask for details such as address, telephone, email and area of need. This is solely for being able to contact you to discuss our support.
- Our online loan form
The online loan form we ask for details such as address, email, financial outgoings. This data is used to assess your eligibility for a loan and your permission to undertake a credit search. Your data will not be used for any other purpose other than the processing of the loan enquiry, it will be shared with the Lender i.e Start Up Loans, Street UK whose platform we use to process loan. All loan documents will be stored securely on our server and will be held for the term of the loan. Any loan enquiries that do not proceed all documentation including credit search will be destroyed after 3 months of the enquiry
- Data encryption
Our website uses an SSL certificate which makes sure that there is an encrypted connection between the web browser and the server. This means that any personal information that’s entered on the website is encrypted when being transferred to the web server.
- Protection against cyber attacks/hackers
We have a firewall on our web server which is designed to inspect incoming traffic, weed out any malicious attacks and provides a first line of defence between a potential hacker and the data that we are hosting.
We have carried out penetration testing where we get a third party company to attempt to hack the website. They report back if there are any vulnerabilities in the site (which there are none).
This Policy only applies to the use that we make of data provided to us via the Internet, SMS, in person and email.
We use your information to:
- Deliver our services (Business Advice, Business Training, Tenancy, Finance – Grants and Loans)
- To effectively communicate with you
- To respond to your enquiries
- To make our website and other social media content available to you
- To verify your identity
- To assess your eligibility for any of our Loan or Grant programmes, including assessing lending risks and obtaining a credit reference
- Carry out personalised marketing and communications (if you have opted to receive these). We may use the information we collect about you to notify you from time to time about important new features and changes to our services or items we think you’ll find of interest
- Obtain feedback from you on our services
- Monitor the usage of the website, performance and trends so that we can improve our services
- To enable us to manage service interactions with you
- To ensure compliance with our contractual obligations, including auditing and reporting, we have in providing our service to you
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute)
- Test new systems and check upgrades to existing systems to improve our service delivery
- Help improve our products and services, for quality control, security, internal record keeping and other business needs
5. The lawful basis for processing your personal information
We may collect, hold and process your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest where it is necessary in order for us to fulfil our needs as a business and to be able to provide you with our services, including, but not limited to:
- To send you information about your loan
- To provide details of the benefits available as part of the loan agreement
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services
- Understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
- Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes
- Protecting NBV Enterprise Solutions Ltd, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to us and our staff
- Effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against us
- Fulfilling our duties and obligations to our customers, staff, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders
Subject to what we say below, we will not pass on your personal details to any third party, including site sponsors or advertisers, without your consent. In order to provide services to you we will need to provide your data to our funders and service providers.
We may provide aggregate statistics about our users, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to our third-party partners (if any), but these statistics will not contain any information about you from which you could be identified.
Please note that countries outside the EEA may not have the same level of protection as countries within the EEA, but we always demand that those parties to whom we transfer data adhere to the same security procedures that we follow ourselves.
By submitting your personal information, you consent to such processing and transfers in connection with such orders, offers or services and for any other purposes to which you consent at the time you provide the information.
Since 26 May 2011, the law has stated that cookies can only be used by a website with the specific consent of its users. Cookies are small pieces of information that are issued to your computer when you enter a website. They are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive and can be used for a wide range of purposes, such as identifying your computer’s previous visits to this website, and to ascertain the most popular features of this website.
The table below provides information on how long NBV keeps personal data that is collected for different purposes when using our Services.
|Type of Personal Data||Retention Period|
|Enewsletter Sign up||Until the person unsubscribes|
|Contact us form Enquiries||6 months since the enquiry was made and support was not given|
|Funded Applicants – Loans||Loan Accounts are reviewed regularly and destroyed where the loan has been repaid after 6 years|
|Funded Business Support||2 years after the end date of the relevant programme you have received support under|
|Start and Grow Platform||One year since last log-in|
|Enewsletter Sign up||Until the person unsubscribes|
|Contact us form Enquiries||6 months since the enquiry was made and no tenancy agreement was entered into|
|Tenant/Virtual Tenant||We will retain all documents whilst you are in agreement with NBV Enterprise Solutions and financial records 6 years after the end date of your tenancy|
|Contact us – Careers||We will process and store your data for the purpose of assessing your suitability for employment and will be kept for 6 months.|
*calls cost 5p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge