Professional Training Courses, Events, and Opportunities
Here you will find all the NBV and partner Training Courses events and opportunities across the East Midlands. If you are holding an event you think we should know about, please get in touch on the number below or let us know via our contact page.
- This event has passed.
Understanding Enterprise 2 day pre-start business workshop
March 6 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
VENUE:Mansfield i-Centre, Mansfield
This two day training course is aimed at delegates who would benefit from in-depth knowledge on how to go self-employed and covers the skills that you’ll need to start and manage a successful business. Completion of the two days also leads to a National accredited qualification.
DAY 1 March 6th 9.30am – 4pm – We’ll cover what you need to know in order to set up a successful business:
- Assessing your ability to run a successful business
- Identifying a viable business
- Choosing your business structure (Sole trader or limited company)
- Understand tax and National Insurance responsibilities
- Understand legislation affecting new start businesses
DAY 2 March 7th 9.30am – 4pm – We’ll show you how to set up a simple money management system for your new business:
- Calculating your business pricing structure
- Understanding tax implications and responsibilities
- Claimable expenses
- Producing a cash-flow forecast
- Keeping financial records
- Considering ways of raising finance
- Identifying sources of external expertise
Please note: the Understanding Enterprise Programme is available to Nottinghamshire residents only (excluding Nottingham City)
Register your interest